Sunday, November 24, 2013

Serving at the Chiropractic Clinic - by Kris

We have been in Bangalore for three weeks now.  Becky asked me to write a little bit about my experiences working in the chiropractic clinic so far.  The clinic is open Tuesday through Saturday; Sunday and Monday we are off.  My average day begins with Jude picking me up at our apartment's front gate at about 8:30.  Jude is the owner of the chiropractic clinic.  I usually go and wait for him a little early because even sitting by the road in the morning is interesting for me.  I like to watch the students, adults, cows, dogs, families on scooters, motorcycles, cars, and basically everything coming by.
When we get to the clinic in the morning, the staff gathers together and prays (usually there are three of us.)  We thank God for the opportunity to serve in this clinic, for all the patients who will be coming, that they will be healed, and that God would use us to make an impact for eternity.  Most days at the clinic are quite steady for me, which I like.  The patients are generally very friendly, respectful, interested in where I have come from, and grateful for what we are doing.  If we happen to have a few minutes of down time, we like to go next door to the cafe and order a coffee or tea.
Most days we work from 9 to 12:30 (or whenever we happen to get finished with the patients who are there), go home for lunch, then work again from 3 to 6 or 6:30.  One of my funniest experiences was when I received what I am quite sure was my first kiss following an adjustment.  (It was from a 40-something year old man from Saudi Arabia).  We spoke different languages, and in fact needed two interpreters to communicate back and forth.  But that didn't really matter when I saw his face and his huge smile the moment I have him the adjustment.  As soon as we were finished he jumped up and gave me a big embrace and a kiss!  We didn't need to speak the same language for me to know how appreciative he was.  The next day he brought his two brothers and father along with him!  Some of my favorite things about working here are: meeting new people, especially people from a different culture and different country, getting to see many patients' first experience with chiropractic, and realizing how quickly you can bond with a brother or sister in Christ despite cultural or geographic differences.  The vast majority of the patients are Indian, but I have also already met people from South Dakota, North Dakota, Kansas, and North Carolina.
To sum it up in one word: rewarding.  Chiropractic is such a unique treatment here, so we have the ability to make a big difference in many people's quality of life.  We also pray that we can show the love of Jesus to each person we encounter.  It is a blessing to work with Jude and his wife Roopa.  They are so faithful, trusting in the Lord for everything.  They have done everything they can to make our arrival here smooth and comfortable.  There are many things about living here that are different, but also many things that are the same.
Thank you all for your prayers.  We appreciate the love and support we have received from friends and family.  I hope to write more again soon.






1 comment:

  1. Nice Blog! Really i am impressed from this post.Chiropractic Clinic is one of best ways to get rid of any kind of body pain and increase muscles strength.Thanks again for posting such great reading material!! To get new information visit here Chiropractic Clinic Perth.

    ReplyDelete