Friday, April 4, 2014

March in a Nutshell: "These are a few of my favorite things!"


         March proved to be a somewhat of an exiting month filled with diaper changes, keeping up with laundry, and nursing, nursing, nursing.  I forgot how much a newborn likes to eat!   Anybody that has had a newborn knows that you get tied down to the house for a while.   In order to keep Molly entertained while I spend countless hours nursing John, I decided to buy her the DVD Sound of Music.  She fell in love with the movie from the first time she watched it.  I did not intend to watch The Sound of Music every single day during the month of March, but we successfully managed to accomplish this task!  We now know every song by heart and play "Maria" on a daily basis.  Molly has also taken a liking to wearing skirts and dresses, just so she can be like Maria.  I'm just happy she loves musicals as much as I do!  (Kris is rolling his eyes and shaking his head).  We did convince Kris to watch it once with us!


Molly thought John would enjoy watching "The Sound of Music" as well.  (No, I did not pose this picture).  





            Not only was March filled with music and singing, but with many new smiles too.   It was so fun to see John learn to smile!  Jesse (our housekeeper)  is the best at getting the smiles out of John.  She gets right up in his face and shouts his name over and over until he smiles at her.  Here are a few of  John's first smiles for us!





   

       As we have been adjusting to a family of four we try to not take ourselves too seriously.  Sometimes babies just cry for no reason and you have to take it all in stride.  Kris has found that if you cry along with them, it just makes you feel so much better.  






Some of John's "favorite things":  
He loves to be in the baby carrier.  I think he would stay in there all day if I let him.  I have cooked many meals and walked many miles already with him in this thing.  In fact it is the only way he will take a nap.  I guess I can consider it a good way to lose my baby weight!

John also loves to snuggle with mom.  I love it too!  I just had to take a picture of his favorite position so that I wouldn't forget it.  




     Molly was able to help her friend Judith celebrate her 5th birthday.  We were privileged to attend her birthday party along with many of her friends and family.  It is tradition that you wait to open your birthday presents until all of the guests have left, out of respect for the other children present, so that no one gets jealous.  Molly was extremely disappointed that she didn't get to watch Judith open the present that she gave her, so we left the party crying.  However, all in all, it was a fun experience.



That about wraps up the happenings for our March here in India.  Although it wasn't very exciting we still enjoyed some downtime at home as a family.  We are really looking forward to the month of April as we have our first visitors arriving from America on Easter Sunday!!  We cannot wait!!!  We plan to go on some fun adventures when our guests arrive, so stay tuned for a bit more exiting post at the end of April! 


No comments:

Post a Comment