Friday, January 24, 2014

It's Finally Here!!!

PRAISE THE LORD!!!  Our car finally arrived this week.  God is so good!  He literally gave us all of the money that we needed for a brand new car in 3 weeks time.  The Church responded and every single dollar was provided for!  We have never been given that much money, and I have never in my entire life owned a new car.  This car however, does not feel like "my" car.  It truly feels like God's car that he is loaning us for this year.  We want to say a huge thanks to all of you that donated to our car fund and for those of you that lifted up this need in prayer.  Truly we have been humbled through this experience and it has only increased our faith in knowing that the Lord will provide for every need that we have.  

I included a few photos of the car for your viewing pleasure.  It's nothing big or fancy, but it will be sufficient for what we need.  It is an Indian brand of car called the Tata, Nano.  Kris has already given me 2 driving lessons (it's a manual transmission and I have never driven anything but an automatic).  Hopefully this won't put me into pre-term labor, but I really want to learn!  There are a few driving obstacles that I must overcome:  

1. To learn how to drive a stick.  
2.  Learn to drive on the left hand side of the road.  
3.  Drive on the right hand side of the car. 
4.  Blinker and windshield wipers are on the opposite side of the steering wheel from what we are used to.
5.  Large potholes, frequent speed bumps, people/vehicles/scooters/motorcycles/cows everywhere.  

So wish us luck as we learn to navigate the streets of Bangalore!  If you live in Bangalore, be on the lookout for a silver Nano on the loose...we might be semi-dangerous!

"It's a beaut Clark!"

Getting the keys at the dealer.  We may look like giants standing next to our small car, but who cares... it's a car!!

Kris driving home from the dealer.  FREEDOM!!!

Only 57km on this bad boy.  Yep, it's brand new folks!


Molly was just as excited as we were to get a new car!  She was sick of walking everywhere too. 

This car couldn't have come at a better time.  My pregnant self is getting large and tired, so walking or should I say waddling, has become quite a bit more difficult.  Only 3 more weeks until my due date.  Now we just need to figure out how to get to the hospital.  Maybe we should practice a few times in the next couple of weeks!  Thanks again, and I'll report back on how the driving lessons are going.  Pray that Kris won't have a heart attack while trying to teach me!

No comments:

Post a Comment